Is Bankspeak a broker?
- No, we are experienced business consultants, specializing in financing.
Are you insured?
- Yes, Bankspeak carries Errors and Omission insurance as do other professionals like lawyers and accountants
How much do you charge?
- Our fees are based on the number of hours we spend working with you with a small performance bonus based on getting the results that you want.
- We don’t charge for our time to come see you but we do charge a nominal mileage fee.
Why should I deal with Bankspeak rather than a broker?
- We do much more than a broker does for much less.
- With over 30 years lending experience “on the other side of the desk”, in all industries, including agriculture, we know how to structure and present your request in a manner to maximize your success.
- We take the time to truly understand your business so you only have to tell the story once and we’ll repeat as often as necessary to get you what you are looking for.
- Often our total costs are ½ or less than what a broker would charge.
I don’t understand what the Bank is tell me or what they are asking me to sign. Can you help here?
- While we are not lawyers, have a deep understanding of bank and security documents, what they mean and the powers they have, and contractual law in general.
- We’ll read closely what you are being asked to sign and provide you with our “plain language” interpretation
I’ve made all of my payments and yet the Bank tells me that I am in default and have sent me a letter. Why?
- We understand Bank covenants and how they are calculated.
- We can explain clearly to you what the Bank is looing at and recommend charges if necessary.
Why should I deal with Bankspeak rather than just go to my existing Bank?
- If you have a good relationship with your Bank, then by all means, continue to deal with them. We offer a “sober second look” and possible alternatives to what you may already have in place without any pressure from any one lender. We work for you, not a lender and don’t have sales goals or any specific products that we are being pressured to sell
- If you are “not communicating” with your lender, then we can assist, possibly striking a compromise or making arrangements to start fresh with someone else.